For those of you who teach or are interested in teaching bowling, this is the website for you. Once you register at this site you can download a free teachers manual. There is also a Grant Application for Bowling Equipment, how to integrate bowling into your school curriculum, check it out. http://www.bowlersed.com/
- New online LMIS PE Teacher Toolkit - this teacher resource will help you get your classes and school moving out for fun and health.
- Let’s Move in School will be part of Nickelodeon’s “Worldwide Day of Play” in Washington D.C on September 24th. Local? Come join us! Far away? Hold your own “day of play” event. Learn more.
- Help AAHPERD and National Geographic Kids break a Guinness World Record! Join First Lady Michelle Obama on October 11-12 to break the Guinness World Record for the most people doing jumping jacks. Find out how you can participate. If you create a “jump site” at your school or facility, let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll share the information to help you get more jumpers!
- Register for a FREE Let’s Move in School webinar to be held on September 14th: Implementing a Comprehensive School Physical Activity Program. Get examples and receive tips on how physical educators, parents, school administrators, and policymakers can move out to bring quality physical education and physical activity to schools through a comprehensive school physical activity program (CSPAP).
- Need more Let’s Move in School posters? Order them here.
- View our newest Let’s Move in School video -- See Drew Brees, Carl Lewis, Tracy Austin and others at our Let’s Move in School Showcase event, which was held in San Diego last spring.
- Not registered yet? Join
www.healthykidschallenge.com/ Healthy Kids Challenge® is a nationally recognized 501(c)3 nonprofit led by registered licensed dietitians with years of school, program and community wellness experience. For over 10 years, HKC has pioneered the path of school wellness and nutrition education assistance.
PE Universe is sponsored by GOPHER Sports and provides a place where PE Teachers have an opportunity to interact, getting opinions from others, rules, info on a variety of activities for their students. Check it out. www.peuniverse.com
This is for any teacher teaching RTI www.havefunteaching.com
"LIVE! with Regis and Kelly" is partnering with Dean Karnazes, renowned ultra-marathon runner, on our biggest endeavor EVER! Running across the United States. It's all to benefit a great cause, Action for Healthy Kids. Money raised goes directly to creating healthier schools and combating childhood obesity nationwide... Follow Dean's triumphs and challenges as he crosses the country! Tune into LIVE! with Regis and Kelly, Feb. - May, as we go on the road with Dean to inspire people to join on the journey to a healthier life. And, visit out website often to find tips and information about how you can find your own path to Wellness. www.dadt.com/live/special/runacrossamerica/index.html
www.subwaykids.com/grownups There's a section "In the Classroom" and from there you can get some good dowloadables.
With the latest in brain research confirming what PE teachers have known all along, that students need to move more throughout the school day, Speed Stacks is launching a new program (Stackademics) to extend sport stacking into the classroom. Stackademics was developed as a body/brain energizer for the classroom. It was founded on the latest research that links short physical activity breaks to improved attention span, behavior and academic performance. Stackademics combines the fun and movement of sport stacking with activities tailored specifically to the classroom and core subject areas. PE teachers who have complete sport stacking programs in the gym now have a concrete way to promote fitness and cross-lateral movement in the classroom to help boost brain power throughout their schools. For Stackademics! information go to Speed Stacks or call 1-877-GOT-CUPS (468-2877).
If you haven't visited PE Central lately check out their new info on their website. NEW! BIG MONDAYS on PE Central!
Weekly Activities on PE Central
- PE Cartoon of the Week
- Kids Quote of the Week
- Bulletin Board of the Week
- Prize Drawings on LOG IT and KIDS QUIZ
- Weekly Deals in PEC Store
- View All
Monthly Activities on PE Central
- Dance Idea of the Month (September Idea) (Archives)
- Web Site of the Month (September Review) (Archives)
- SOS Rescue Line Dance
- Settling Disputes in PE: Rock, Paper, Scissors
- Hey Baby Line Dance
- 5,6,7,8 Line Dance
- Rug Rats Lesson Idea
- I See...Lesson Idea
- Go Outside and Do Something
- PreSchool Jumping Rope Instruction
- Teach A Healthy Body, Get A Healthy Mind
- Belmont Dance Off
- The Opposite Grapevine Dance
- Secretary Vilsack with the Cookie Monster
- Your Ball Needs You
- See All Videos
Active Gaming is more popular than ever with the introduction of the Wii, Dance Dance Revolution, and many other engaging activities. Thousands of teachers are now successfully integrating these educational games and technologies into their physical education classroom. The goal of PE Central's Active Gaming section is to help you better understand how Active Gaming can be used appropriately as a learning tool in the physical education classroom. http://www.pecentral.org/activegaming/
http://www.playnormous.com/games.cfm This website will reinforce information you're teaching. Check it out! NASPE’s Let's Move In School aims to educate our youth about the benefits of a physically active lifestyle and improve the quality and quantity of physical education and physical activity programs in our nation’s schools through comprehensive school physical activity programs.